POLL RESULTS: Who will win the Oscars?
There’s solely two days left till Hollywood’s greatest stars and filmmakers collect for the Oscars and ComingSoon.web requested our readers what movies and performers they anticipated to take house the ceremony’s high prizes and with over 1000 votes for the 4 huge classes, the outcomes are in! Take a look at the winners beneath!
RELATED: POLL RESULTS: What’s the Greatest Scene in Star Wars: A New Hope?
- 1917 (48%, 573 votes)
- Parasite (16%, 193 votes)
- Joker (15%, 182 votes)
- As soon as Upon a Time in Hollywood (9%, 109 votes)
- The Irishman (4%, 50 votes)
- Ford v. Ferrari (2%, 27 votes)
- Jojo Rabbit (2%, 23 votes)
- Marriage Story (2%, 18 votes)
- Little Girls (1%, 13 votes)
The outcomes present that the divide between critics and audiences could also be larger than some folks understand, as many critics imagine that Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman is the frontrunner for Greatest Image on the ceremony, whereas our readers imagine that the nail-biting 1917 ought to take house the highest prize. Bong Joon-ho’s Parasite is second in our readers hearts, with Todd Phillips’ Joker coming in third and Quentin Tarantino’s As soon as Upon a Time in Hollywood sitting at fourth above Scorsese’s gangster epic.
- Joaquin Phoenix, Joker (86%, 979 votes)
- Adam Driver, Marriage Story (6%, 67 votes)
- Leonardo DiCaprio, As soon as Upon a Time in Hollywood (4%, 45, votes)
- Antonio Banderas, Ache and Glory (3%, 30 votes)
- Jonathan Pryce, The Two Popes (2%, 18 votes)
In a much less shocking method, Joaquin Phoenix’s efficiency because the Clown Prince of Crime is on observe to attain the star his first statue after 4 nominations.
- Renée Zellweger, Judy (53%, 571 votes)
- Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story (26%, 280 votes)
- Saoirse Ronan, Little Girls (9%, 100 votes)
- Charlize Theron, Bombshell (9%, 92 votes)
- Cynthia Erivo, Harriet (4%, 39 votes)
The race for the Greatest Actress prize is taken into account some of the heated of the night time and our readers appear to agree with many critics that Renée Zellweger’s flip because the late singer and actress Judy Garland within the eponymous biopic is the one to beat.
- Sam Mendes, 1917 (50%, 576 votes)
- Bong Joon-ho, Parasite (15%, 175 votes)
- Quentin Tarantino, As soon as Upon a Time in Hollywood (15%, 166 votes)
- Todd Phillips, Joker (13%, 143 votes)
- Martin Scorsese, The Irishman (7%, 81 votes)
The Greatest Director competitors additionally sees a giant divide between many critics and our readers, as Scorsese has are available final with solely 81 votes whereas Mendes leads the pack with 576 votes and Joon-ho and Tarantino preventing for that shut runner-up place.
RELATED: POLL RESULTS: What’s the Most Anticipated Movie of 2020?
The Greatest Image and Greatest Director prizes are seen as two of the heavily-contested topics this 12 months, with the previous seeing the critically-lauded Parasite, Ford v Ferrari, The Irishman, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Little Girls, Marriage Story, 1917 and As soon as Upon a Time in Hollywood. Martin Scorcese is nominated for Greatest Director alongside Joker‘s Todd Phillips, 1917‘s Sam Mendes, As soon as Upon a Time in Hollywood‘s Quentin Tarantino and Parasite‘s Bong Joon-ho.
Whereas Joaquin Phoenix is anticipated to take house the Greatest Actor statue for his titular efficiency in Joker, he’ll see some robust competitors within the type of Antonio Banderas for Ache and Glory, Leonardo DiCaprio in Hollywood, Adam Driver in Story and Jonathan Pryce in The Two Popes. The Greatest Actress class can also be house to a really heated contest between Cynthia Erivo for her titular efficiency in Harriet, Scarlett Johansson in Story, Saoirse Ronan in Little Girls, Charlize Theron in Bombshell and frontrunner Renée Zellweger in Judy.
What do you hope to see win within the different classes? Are there any nominees you are feeling have been snubbed? Tell us within the feedback beneath!
The put up POLL RESULTS: Who Will Win the Oscars? appeared first on ComingSoon.web.